Your safety and security is important to Northern; that's why we have a Campus Alert System for all students, faculty, and staff. During an emergency, you can have critical weather and other emergency-related alerts sent directly to your cell, home, and/or office phone or email.
Choose your preferred method of notification:
- Mobile Phone
- Second Mobile
- Phone Home
- Phone Business
- Phone Campus
- Assigned Email
- Secondary Email
- MS (text message sent to mobile phone)
- Instant Messaging
Note: You will be able to assign priorities to each of the above; your priority one device(s) will be notified first, followed by your second, and so on. Once you acknowledge the alert, further notifications will not be sent.
- Go to Everbridge; enter your authorization code and confirm that your member ID that is displayed on the next screen is correct.
- Select “No” when it asks you if you are an existing Everbridge member.
- Create a numeric password, between 6-10 digits long. Be sure to write this down and keep in a secure location for later.
- Select a password reminder.
- Create an alias user ID and an alpha-numeric password. This alias user ID and alpha-numeric password combination can be used in place of your member ID number and numeric password in the future when updating your account.
- Write both of these down, too!
- Verify the personal address information displayed.
- Confirm/add phone and email contact information* using hyphens for phone numbers and entering your cell phone number again for the SMS/text message section (if chosen).
- Set the priority levels (the order in which you wish to be notified by device type) for both emergency and standard alerts. Note that all 8 do not need to be selected, and that NA (not applicable) means that you will not receive an alert of that type.
- Retain a copy of your confirmation notice for your records, so that you can update your account anytime you have a change in personal contact information, switch cell phone providers, add an email account, etc.
You are responsible for keeping your information up to date. To make changes, go to https://www.everbridge.net and click “Log In.”