Your safety and security is important to Northern; that's why we have a Campus Alert System for all students, faculty, and staff. During an emergency, you can have critical weather and other emergency-related alerts sent directly to your cell, home, and/or office phone or email.
You may choose your preferred method of notification:
- Mobile Phone
- Second Mobile
- Phone Home
- Phone Business
- Phone Campus
- Assigned Email
- Secondary Email
- MS (text message sent to mobile phone)
- Instant Messaging
Note: You will be able to assign priorities to each of the above; your priority one device(s) will be notified first, followed by your second, and so on. Once you acknowledge the alert, further notifications will not be sent.
To receive these important alerts, complete these registration steps:
- Go to Everbridge; enter your authorization code and confirm that your member ID that is displayed on the next screen is correct.
- Select “No” when it asks you if you are an existing Everbridge member.
- Create a numeric password, between 6-10 digits long. Be sure to write this down and keep in a secure location for later.
- Select a password reminder.
- Create an alias user ID and an alpha-numeric password. This alias user ID and alpha-numeric password combination can be used in place of your member ID number and numeric password in the future when updating your account.
- Write both of these down, too!
- Verify the personal address information displayed.
- Confirm/add phone and email contact information* using hyphens for phone numbers and entering your cell phone number again for the SMS/text message section (if chosen).
- Set the priority levels (the order in which you wish to be notified by device type) for both emergency and standard alerts. Note that all 8 do not need to be selected, and that NA (not applicable) means that you will not receive an alert of that type.
- Retain a copy of your confirmation notice for your records, so that you can update your account anytime you have a change in personal contact information, switch cell phone providers, add an email account, etc.
You are responsible for keeping your information up to date. To make changes, go to https://www.everbridge.net and click “Log In.”