Welcome from Northern State University. NSU is an excellent choice to attain your business education and prepare for a successful career. I hope you will come to our campus and visit with students, faculty and myself. I am excited that you are considering becoming part of the Northern State University Business school family, where every student is our most important student. I know this is an exciting time in your life, and choosing your college is an important decision. I would like to tell you a little about what makes Northern State University such a special place.
Our students are the number one priority here ... and every student is important to us. You will never be a nameless face at Northern State, and that is a promise. Our campus is full of friendly and smiling faces, professors who genuinely care and a staff who will go out of their way to help.
Our university is located in a pristine location surrounded by natural beauty. The School of Business provides exciting educational opportunities for students from all backgrounds and locations. The faculty are dedicated professionals who excel in connecting with students and providing educational experience equal to that of any university. At NSU, students not only get the latest materials in the classroom, but also have many opportunities for real-world application while still a student.
At Northern State University, you, as a student, have the opportunity to create your own personalized education. Education in and out of the classroom is readily available. Our faculty are friendly, welcoming and supportive. Students at Northern State value the support they receive from faculty, the relationships they establish with classmates and the extensive opportunities to develop and grow in their interest and skill areas. School of Business graduates are employed in a broad range of professional careers all over the world. You will have the opportunity to know them well and work with them side-by-side on business and research projects.
If you are interested in preparing for a career in business and wish for a world-class education in a world-class environment, you have found it. I hope you will come to the campus and see how a Northern State University education can help prepare you for the future you have dreamed of.
Dr. Timothy Mantz
Dean, School of Business
The School of Business works to expand its relationships with area businesses through bi-annual meetings of the Business Advisory Board. Board members include industry experts in a wide variety of business sectors. The board serves as a liaison between NSU and the business community, advising the School of Business of current and emerging trends and issues in industry.
- Chad Bent - State Farm
- Jim Boyko - Horton Manufacturing
- Jim Campbell - Hub City, Inc.
- Scott Eisenbeisz - Sanford
- Roger Feickert - Midstates Printing
- Brook Stephens - RDO Equipment Co.
- Todd Forkel - Avera
- Dave Giovannini - Molded Fiber Glass
- Robert Goscicki - Aberdeen Federal Credit Union
- Nadine Gropp - 3M
- Eric Opland - 3M
- Matt Harr - Harr Motors
- Keith Hurley - Wells Fargo Auto Finance
- Richard Inman - Banner Engineering
- Tim Hanigan - Banner Engineering
- Josh Jones - Twin City Fan
- Reid Kessler - Kessler's
- David Kreber - Wooden Mallet
- Judy Stulken - South Dakota Wheat Growers
- Carmen Nikolas - Herberger's
- Steven Lust - Steven Lust Automotive
- Gail Ochs - Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce
- Keith DeHaan - Northern Beef Packers
- Steve Pfeiffer - Western Printing
- Danielle Pietz - Avera
- Dan Thielsen - Department of Labor
- Don or Chuck Trebilcock - Engel Music
- Kelly Weaver - Small Business Development
- Allen Barclay
- Jennifer Bengs
- Kristi Bockorny
- Monica Burgeson
- Tim Downs - NSU president
- Nan Heier
- Lindsey Huber
- Julie Johnson
- Alan LaFave - NSU provost
- Keun Lee
- Michelle Lesnar
- Tim Mantz
- Amber Mathern
- Todd Muehler
- Hassan Niazi
- Doug Ohmer
- Candi Olson
- Jon Olson - NSU Foundation
- John Peterson
- Scott Peterson
- Robert Preston
- Nathan Roberts
- Sara Schmidt
- Hannah Walters
Members of the NSU School of Business Banking and Financial Services Advisory Board are people with industry experience in the financial services sector of South Dakota and North Dakota.
- Serve as a liaison between NSU and the banking and financial services industry;
- Advise the School of Business on curriculum issues that reflect industry needs and trends;
- Promote student awareness of opportunities and experiences in the financial services sector and serve as a contact for internship and career opportunities; and
- Provide guidance in the development of the master's degree in banking and financial services to better prepare students and provide the skills needed to advance to higher-level positions within the financial services sector.
Bret Afdahl, director - S.D. Banking Commission
Tim Ahartz, senior vice president/chief risk officer - BankWest
Dana Dykhouse, president/CEO - Premier Bank
Daryl Ebach, regional president - Wells Fargo
Robert Entringer, commissioner - N.D. Department of Financial Institutions
Curt Everson, president - S.D. Bankers Association
Rod Fouberg, chairman of the board - Dacotah Bank Inc.
Bruce Haerter - Farmers State Bank
Brent Heinert - Plains Commerce Bank
Dave Johnson, CEO/chair - Reliabank Dakota
Ken Karels, president/CEO - Great Western Bank
Greg McCurry, president/CEO - Independent Community Bankers of S.D.
John McGee, president/CEO - First Security Bank
Garry Peterka, senior vice president - Quoin Financial Bank in Miller
John Rasmussen, CEO - Roberts County National Bank
Matt Tobin - South Dakota Trust Companies
Cindi Walsh, president - US Bank, Aberdeen
Richard Westra - Dacotah Bank Inc.
Allen Barclay - co-chair
Tim Mantz - School of Business Dean
Ronald Brownie - Online & Continuing Education
Todd Jordre - NSU Foundation
Todd Muehler - School of Business
Doug Ohmer - School of Business
Scott Peterson - School of Business
Robert Preston - School of Business
Sara Schmidt - co-chair
Tim Downs - NSU president
Alan LaFave - NSU provost