Welcome from Northern State University. NSU is an excellent choice to attain your business education and prepare for a successful career. I hope you will come to our campus and visit with students, faculty and myself. I am excited that you are considering becoming part of the Northern State University Business school family, where every student is our most important student. I know this is an exciting time in your life, and choosing your college is an important decision. I would like to tell you a little about what makes Northern State University such a special place.
Our students are the number one priority here ... and every student is important to us. You will never be a nameless face at Northern State, and that is a promise. Our campus is full of friendly and smiling faces, professors who genuinely care and a staff who will go out of their way to help.
Our university is located in a pristine location surrounded by natural beauty. The School of Business provides exciting educational opportunities for students from all backgrounds and locations. The faculty are dedicated professionals who excel in connecting with students and providing educational experience equal to that of any university. At NSU, students not only get the latest materials in the classroom, but also have many opportunities for real-world application while still a student.
At Northern State University, you, as a student, have the opportunity to create your own personalized education. Education in and out of the classroom is readily available. Our faculty are friendly, welcoming and supportive. Students at Northern State value the support they receive from faculty, the relationships they establish with classmates and the extensive opportunities to develop and grow in their interest and skill areas. School of Business graduates are employed in a broad range of professional careers all over the world. You will have the opportunity to know them well and work with them side-by-side on business and research projects.
If you are interested in preparing for a career in business and wish for a world-class education in a world-class environment, you have found it. I hope you will come to the campus and see how a Northern State University education can help prepare you for the future you have dreamed of.
Dr. Timothy Mantz
Dean, School of Business
The School of Business works to expand its relationships with area businesses through bi-annual meetings of the Business Advisory Board. Board members include industry experts in a wide variety of business sectors. The board serves as a liaison between NSU and the business community, advising the School of Business of current and emerging trends and issues in industry.
- Leah Brink - Daktronics
- Dave Burgard - Midstates Group
- Matt Campbell - My Place Hotels
- Allen Chasteen - 3M
- Bob Compton - Dacotah Bank, Inc
- Derrick Dinger - Northwestern Mutual
- Kevin Fiedler - Ken's SuperFair Foods
- Todd Forkel - Avera St. Luke's
- Dave Giovannini - Molded Fiberglass
- Mary Grund - Molded Fiberglass
- Keith Hurley - Wells Fargo Auto Finance
- Justin Kehrwald - Tradehome Shoes
- Jess Koehler - The Koehler Organization
- Lynn Lander - City of Aberdeen
- Steven Lust - Steven Lust Automotive
- Mark McNeary - Primrose Retirement Communities
- Tom Seyer - Rhodes Anderson Insurance
- Judy Stulken - Agtegra Cooperative
- Pat Teal - Tradehome Shoes
- Rod Tobin - Siegel, Barnett & Schutz Law
- Allen Barclay - Co-chair
- Monica Burgeson - Secretary
- Tim Downs - NSU President
- Todd Jordre - NSU Foundation
- Joelle Lien - Interim NSU Provost
- Tim Mantz - School of Business Dean
- Doug Ohmer - Faculty
- Jon Olson - NSU Foundation
Members of the NSU School of Business Banking and Financial Services Advisory Board are people with industry experience in the financial services sector of South Dakota and North Dakota.
- Serve as a liaison between NSU and the banking and financial services industry;
- Advise the School of Business on curriculum issues that reflect industry needs and trends;
- Promote student awareness of opportunities and experiences in the financial services sector and serve as a contact for internship and career opportunities; and
- Provide guidance in the development of the master's degree in banking and financial services to better prepare students and provide the skills needed to advance to higher-level positions within the financial services sector.
Bret Afdahl - South Dakota Banking Commission
Tim Ahartz - BankWest
Eric Bauer - Great Western Bank
Chad Bergan - Dacotah Bank Inc.
Bob Compton - Dacotah Bank Inc.
Mark Dunn - First Premier Bank
Dana Dykhouse - Premier Bank
Daryl Ebach - Wells Fargo
Curt Everson - South Dakota Bankers Association
Rod Fouberg - Dacotah Bank Inc.
Mike Gibson - BankWest
Bruce Haerter - Farmers State Bank
Cody Hageman - Plains Commerce Bank
Mark Hahler - CorTrust Bank
Brent Heinert - Plains Commerce Bank
Josh Hogue - Reliabank Dacotah
Dave Johnson - Reliabank Dakota
John McGee - First Security Bank/LA Amundson Investments
Peter Mehlhaff - Great Plains Bank
Megan Olson - Independent Community Bankers of S.D.
Garry Peterka - Quoin Bank
John Rasmussen - Roberts County National Bank
Ryan Schimke - Great Western Bank
John Schwan - Schwan Financial Group
Joe Senger - Dacotah Bank Inc.
Kevin Tetzlaff - First Bank & Trust
Matt Tobin - South Dakota Trust Companies
Cindi Walsh - US Bank - Aberdeen
Richard Westra - Dacotah Bank Inc.
Monica Burgeson - Secretary
Tim Downs - NSU president
Todd Jordre - NSU Foundation
Joelle Lien - Interim NSU Provost
Tim Mantz - School of Business Dean
Jon Olson - NSU Foundation
John Peterson - Faculty
Scott Peterson - Faculty
Robert Preston - Faculty
Theresa Giannavola - Faculty
Sara Schmidt - Co-chair