Parents and families are an important part of the Northern State University community. Together, we are supporters of students success here at NSU and as the students graduate and move on to graduate or professional schools and exciting jobs in their chosen career fields. While students are at NSU, we want to make information and resources available to parents and families that will help answer questions, keep parents and students connected, and ensure success for all of our students.
Many of the offices and departments that provide academic and student life support services are listed on this page. While the university is governed by FERPA regulations regarding data privacy, which places some limitations on the information we can legally share about students to their parents, there are many ways to communicate and partner with the campus.
Some key areas that parents may wish to contact include:
- Financial Aid
- Registrar's Office for class schedule, grade and transcript questions
- Residence Life for housing and meal plan questions
- Finance Office for bill payment questions
- Academic Support (University College) for advising, tutoring and other free academic support centers such as the Writing and Math centers
- Student Services for assistance with counseling, health services, campus safety, and career planning, as well as answers for your questions orconcerns about students' welfare and success.
- Technology Services
- Williams Library
Traveling to Aberdeen? Here's a list of our corporate partners, including area hotels and restaurants.