- Turn off all file-sharing programs and all of their components.
- Go to your computers Control Panel. You can go to it from your computer's Start logo.
- Double click on the Programs icon.
- Locate the P2P software you are removing on the list of installed programs. Click once to highlight the software. At the top of the list of programs, select Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to completely remove the software and its components.
Some peer-to-peer file-sharing programs have companion programs that are not automatically removed. If you have more than one program to remove, click No if prompted to reboot your computer. Then repeat these steps until you have removed all file sharing programs. Make sure you reboot the system when you are finished.