The Office of Judicial Affairs at Northern State University promotes a just, safe, orderly, and supportive university climate.
The office promotes and enforces behavioral standards, administers
disciplinary processes, provides system-wide staff training and educates through mediation, leadership development, disciplinary sanctions and other educational intervention efforts.
The Office of Judicial Affairs is dedicated to supporting students while maintaining a discipline process that is educational, equitable, expeditious, and just. We help you learn by administering a process that:
- Teaches responsibility
- Encourages the expression of diverse views and opinions
- And validates healthy choices and the concepts of individual and community respect
We strive to help you mature and become a contributing citizen at Northern and within the community of Aberdeen. We help to create a university culture that is self-diciplined, where civility is embraced, and the community norms and actions validate the essential values of Northern:
- Personal and academic integrity
- Respect for the dignity of all people and willingness to learn from the differences in people, ideas and opinions
- Respect for the rights, property, and safety of others
- Concern for others and their feelings and their need for conditions that support an environment where they can work, grow, and succeed at Northern