Jerde Hall, home to the First Year Resident Experience program, is located on the east edge of campus along South State Street.
Some of Jerde’s highlights include:
• Co-ed residence hall that houses approximately 360 students; handicapped accessible, and a designated nonsmoking environment
• Named for Dr. Walter Jerde, professor and dean of education, who served the Northern campus 1947-1966.
• Free laundry facilities, a lounge and game room with table tennis and a big screen TV are located in the basement. The main lobby on the first floor has a large flat-screen TV and two pool tables. There are lounges on every floor with a flat-screen TV and microwave and toaster. The second floor and fourth floor lounges have a kitchen area as well.
• Rooms have individual beds, desks, shelves, and dressers on each side of the room as well as spacious closets.
• The NSU soccer complex and tennis courts are east of the building. Jerde is also close to the Barnett Center and Johnson Fine Arts Center.
• Wireless internet access is located throughout the hall, and individual rooms are wired for students to utilize high-speed internet
Standard Jerde Hall Room Layout
Click for larger view