The Writing Center, in Dacotah Hall 101, pairs successful, motivated tutors
with students who need assistance in any area of writing
What We Do
The Writing Center will help you:
- Maximize your current writing abilities
- Develop new writing skills
- Master all stages of writing, from choosing a topic to polishing a final draft
- Prepare for or remediate the Proficiency Exam (CAAP test) and the Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST)
Who We Are
Our tutors are trained, faculty-recommended students and non-students who have been successful in writing-related courses and have teaching ability and/or experience.
How to Utilize Our Services
- Schedule an appointment: Scheduled appointments are preferred to guarantee availability. All appointments last a maximum of 1 hour, and they may be scheduled several weeks in advance.
- Walk in: Stop in any time at Dacotah Hall 101