Academic advisors are here to help every student at NSU, whether on campus, online or part time.
We enjoy helping with your questions, including the transition to college life; identifying majors, minors, and certificates; getting involved in campus life; thinking about internships and undergraduate research; finding academic support resources to succeed in your courses; following your plan of study to graduation; and planning your next steps after graduation.
Our Team of Academic Advisors are committed to you:
- Advising Center Academic Advisor for Students in Exploratory Studies, Huron Community Campus, and High School Dual Credit
- American Indian Circle Program Academic Advisor
- Professional Academic Advisors for each Academic Program
- Dedicated Academic Advisors in TRIO SSS
At Northern, you can rely on your Academic Advisors to:
- Encourage you to own your education and academic plans.
- Envision your academic path to successful graduation.
- Help you set goals and develop your education plans.
- Connect you with Northern faculty who share your interests.
- Connect you with opportunities to help you achieve your goals.
- Assist in developing your decision-making skills.
- Problem-solve academic challenges.
- Explain graduation requirements for your major, minor, and certificates.
- Identify classes that meet your needs.
- Meet with you in person, on the phone, or via Zoom.
- Walk through university policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.