- Locating funding sources for ideas and proposed projects;
- Securing application materials; preparing proposals and grant applications;
- Coordinating the on-campus proposal approval phase;
- Serving as the authorized organizational representative in submitting completed grant applications to funding agencies;
- Interpreting agency award letters to determine grant administration responsibilities;
- Establishing a fund for grants; and
- Maintaining a deliverables calendar.
The Grants Office is a communication hub to help keep the university apprised of internal and external research opportunities and helps ensure NSU complies with increasingly complex funding regulations.
Northern is committed not only to faculty research, but student research. Our Undergraduate Research page details Northern's student research opportunities; myNSU, our campus-only website, provides resources for student researchers; and the NSU-wide proposal process is available to help students find funding for their research projects.
The NSU Grants Office is located on the first floor of Spafford Hall in Suite 103. A library there offers information related to research funding opportunities and research administration, as well as facilities for webinars and small meetings.
September 11, 2018
ABERDEEN, S.D. –A paper by Northern State University faculty members Dr. Thomas Orr and Dr.