Welcome! Northern State University’s School of Business is the choice for your business education and preparation for a successful career. We - the faculty, staff, and I - hope you will come to visit the campus and meet with us and our students!
I am excited that you are considering becoming part of the Northern State University Business School family. Moving on from high school and choosing a college is an exciting time in your life, and is an important decision. Allow me to share a little about what makes Northern and the School of Business an awesome place.
Students are the No. 1 priority at Northern and the School of Business. Our campus is full of friendly and caring people, professors who genuinely care about you, and a staff who will go out of their way to help you.
Northern is located on a beautiful campus with lots of new facilities, including residence halls, the new Jewett Science Center, the new practice and soccer fields, and the new Dacotah Bank Stadium! The School of Business is located in Lincoln Hall on the campus green, where you’ll often find students engaged in a frisbee game, studying, or just enjoying the sunshine.
Our faculty are dedicated professionals who excel in connecting with you and providing an educational experience equal to that of any university. At Northern, you’ll not only get the latest materials in the classroom, but you’ll also have opportunities to learn outside the classroom with internships and study abroad. By the way, the world also comes to study here: students from over 40 countries study at Northern!
As you consider and make your final decisions about college, remember that students at Northern value the support they receive from faculty, the relationships they establish with their classmates, and the extensive opportunities to develop and grow in all facets of life. Longer range, the School of Business also helps you to prepare for your first professional position and career.
Northern's graduates work in a broad range of professional careers all over the world. If you're seeking global experience and perspective, be sure to explore Spanish-International Business, a dual-degree option through which you can obtain two degrees in four years.
If you seek a world-class education in a safe and friendly environment, you will find it at Northern. I hope you will come to campus for a visit and see for yourself how a Northern business education can prepare you for your future!
College of Professional Studies
The School of Business works to expand its relationships with area businesses through biannual meetings of the Business Advisory Board. Board members include industry experts in a wide variety of business sectors. The board serves as a liaison between NSU and the business community, advising the School of Business on current and emerging trends and issues in industry.
- Leah Brink - Daktronics
- Dave Burgard - Midstates Group
- Matt Campbell - My Place Hotels
- Bob Compton - Dacotah Bank, Inc.
- Kevin Fiedler - Ken's SuperFair Foods
- Tyhe Gerlach - Northwestern Mutual
- Barb Hauge - 3M
- Mike Hunstad - Northern Trust Asset Management
- Justin Kehrwald - Tradehome Shoes
- Nathan Kessler - Lamont Companies
- Kelly Kjelden - POET
- Jess Koehler - The Koehler Organization
- Danielle Lamont - Avera St. Luke’s
- Steven Lust - Steven Lust Automotive
- Mark McNeary - Primrose Retirement Communities
- Jillaine Pfeifle - Agtegra Cooperative
- Tom Seyer - Rhodes Anderson Insurance
- Rod Tobin - Siegel, Barnett & Schutz Law
- Monica Burgeson - Secretary
- Zach Flakus - NSU Foundation President
- Doug Ohmer - School of Business Dean
- Sara Schmidt - Associate Dean/Faculty
- Neal Schnoor - NSU President
- Michael Wanous - Provost