NSU Facilities Manager Monte Mehlhoff has issued a regional sports complex update.
Image 1 - Wood accent wall installation in the second-level event space
Image 2 - General admission seating in the lower bowl, looking south towards Koehler Hall of Fame Field
Barnett Center Addition
- Wood accent walls are being installed at the second level Barnett Center event space.
- Specialty wood panel ceiling installation continues at second level.
- Restrooms on second level are almost complete.
- HVAC/plumbing/electrical equipment are being installed in mechanical rooms.
- Electrical and HVAC rough-in work is nearing completion on first floor.
- Drywall contractor continues priming and painting in first level FB locker rooms.
- Tile has been installed in locker room restrooms, showers and sink areas.
- Locker fabrication will begin in April and be installed June 12.
- KONE is wrapping up the installation of the second elevator (service) car.
- Bridge connecting the Barnett Center Addition and the football stadium awaits traffic coating.
Dacotah Bank Stadium (football)
- Fifth level party decks – metal panels on walls and ceiling are complete.
- Wall tile in fifth-level restrooms has been installed.
- Acoustical ceiling tile grid system is installed on fifth floor.
- Fourth level suites and all commons spaces are all sheet rocked/taped/mudded, primed and painted.
- Fourth level bar/lounge glazing and ceiling grid are installed. Bar is framed and wall tile is being installed at bar and accent walls.
- Fourth level restrooms have floor and wall tile being installed.
- Fourth level premium suites floor and wall tile is installed; floor carpet and base remain.
- Measuring for fabrication is underway for solid surface countertops in premium suites, bar/lounge and restrooms.
- Third level loge – M.E.P. rough-in work is nearing completion. Sheetrock to follow.
- Third level loge – metal panel ceilings will be installed upon arrival in April.
- Spray foam application above ceiling framing at loge concourse areas has begun.
- Third Level “Wolves Club” chair-back seat installation is 90 percent complete.
- Work continues down on second level for all M.E.P. rough-in work at bathrooms and concessions.
- Mason has completed block interior CMU walls at second level concourse.
- Second-level concessions has begun installing ansul system and hood at cook wall.
- Mason continued installation of CMU block walls down on the first level service areas, mechanical rooms, encapsulating grand staircase, etc.
- All drainage, subgrade construction and field curb has all been installed. Now we wait until spring for top layer fine grade and turf roll-out/install. Tentatively shooting for April 1 to begin site work pending weather/frost.
- Work continued on the metal panel installation. East, north and south elevations are completed, and install crew is about 95 percent completed with the metal panels on the west façade of the grandstand.
- Sub-framing is currently being installed at the south stair tower. Perforated metal panels will arrive and be installed over the course of the next couple of weeks.
- Upper EPDM roof system is installed and all completed and bonded. Metal parapet cap was just installed as is completed.
- Second level concourse EPDM roof system is installed and all completed and bonded. Metal parapet just installed as is completed.
- Daktronics scoreboard (50’ tall x 80’ wide) has been erected and installed. Metal cladding will be wrapped around back side and columns starting on April 14-22. Speaker cabinet at scoreboard is currently being installed.
- Construction on the ticket booth structural steel and roof decking is completed and interior wall framing has begun.
- Southern bleacher has installed both the north and south additional bleacher seating alternates.
- The “Dacotah Bank Stadium” and the Northern “N” signs were both installed on the east grandstand façade.
- Football stadium musco light poles and light fixtures were all erected, and stadium is installed. Final aiming of fixtures to be competed at a later date.
- Turf installation is set to begin the third week of April.
- Glazing at north stair tower is all installed and watertight. Need to install doors yet.
- Concrete contractors have finished the lower bowl seating pours, and have poured both dugouts and dugouts roofs.
- All NSU maroon chair-back seats and aluminum bench seating has all been installed.
- All concrete field walls and bullpen areas have been poured and are complete.
- Steel structure for the softball press box and suite is erected and moment connection testing has passed.
- Sheathing at the softball press/suite structure is completed.
- EPDM roof at softball press/suite structure is installed, parapet cap and downspout is only item to remain for roofing.
- All underground M.E.P rough-ins are installed at softball concessions/restroom and the concrete floor slab has been poured.
- Softball field subgrade drainage and field curb construction will all take place in the spring.
- CMU block at the softball restroom and concessions structure will begin around April 12.