NSU Facilities Manager Monte Mehlhoff has shared a regional sports complex construction update.
Barnett Center Addition
- Painting is nearing completion at the second level Barnett Center Spaces.
- Accent wall colors are being painted.
- HVAC / plumbing / electrical equipment is being installed in various mechanical rooms.
- Electrical and HVAC rough-in work in the locker room ceiling continues.
- HVAC exhaust ducts are being installed at each locker location.
- Locker fabrication will begin in April and be installed in June.
- KONE Elevators is on site and has begun BC Addition elevator installation.
- Metal ceiling panel installation will begin in the next few weeks.
- Fourth and fifth levels have been bubbled, framed, and winter heated.
- Spray foam insulation on the interior side of all exterior walls is ongoing.
- Fifth-level drywall all mudded and sanding has begun. Painters will begin on fifth level in the next week or so.
- Electrical, mechanical, and plumbing rough-ins are wrapping up on fourth level and drywall installation has begun on fourth level suites.
- Fourth level bar/lounge glazing is installed at exterior curtain walls and is watertight and temporarily heated for interior work.
- Third level loge – All interior restrooms, concessions, and back of house areas are framed in and M.E.P. rough-in work nears completion.
- Third level loge – Loge concourse ceiling framing is complete. Metal panel ceilings will be installed upon arrival.
- M.E.P. rough-ins continue on second-level bathrooms and concessions.
- Mason continues to lay block interior CMU walls at second-level concourse restrooms and concessions and has begun installation of CMU block walls in first-level service areas, mechanical rooms, etc.
- All drainage, subgrade construction, and field curb has been installed. Now we wait until spring for top layer fine grade and turf roll-out/install.
- Work continues on metal panel installation. East, north and south elevations are complete, and install crew is about 50 percent finished with metal panels on the grandstand west façade.
- Upper EPDM roof system is installed and all completed and bonded. Metal parapet cap remains.
- Second-level concourse EPDM roof system is complete. Metal parapet cap remains.
- Daktronics Scoreboard (50’ tall x 80’ wide) was delayed one week with the cold weather and shipping delays, and installation is set for Feb. 9.
- Temporary construction elevator will be disassembled and shipped off site Feb. 24 so construction of the ticket booth and Wolves Club VIP entrance can begin.
- Concrete contractors have finished the lower bowl seating pours and have poured both dugouts and dugout roofs.
- Concrete field walls and bullpen areas have been poured and are complete.
- Steel structure for the softball press box and suite is erected and moment connection testing was passed.
- All underground M.E.P rough-ins are installed at softball concessions/restroom and the concrete floor slab has been poured.
- Softball field subgrade drainage and field curb construction will take place in the spring.