NSU Facilities Manager Monte Mehlhoff has issued a regional sports complex construction update.
Barnett Center Addition
- Drywall is all hung and is being taped/mudded and sanded in second-level event space
- Rough-ins are wrapping up in lower level locker room, and drywall will be hung.
- Finishing up HVAC/plumbing and electrical in lower level back of house areas.
- Roof is completed, exterior metal panels are installed, and glazing is all in with the exception of temporary doors/windows for pass-throughs. Building is watertight.
- Fourth level premium suites, and fifth level press are all framed in and temporary bubbled off for winter construction.
- Electrical, mechanical and plumbing rough-ins are in progress on fourth and fifth levels.
- Bleacher contractor is working on both the home grandstand upper chair back section, and also starting to install the visitors’ side bleachers.
- Exterior metal panels are being installed.
- Fourth level bar/lounge has all glazing installed at exterior curtain walls.
- Upper EPDM roof system is complete.
- Work continues on second level for all M.E.P. rough-in work at bathrooms and concessions.
- Concrete contractors are continuing to pour the lower bowl seating areas at softball.
- Dugout floors are poured and once set, they will start framing the concrete dugout roof overhangs.
- Steel structure for the softball press box and suite are being erected
- All underground M.E.P. rough-ins are installed at softball concessions/restroom and the concrete floor slab has been poured.