NSU Facilities Manager Monte Mehlhoff has issued a regional sports complex construction update.
Image 1 - Concrete poured at northwest corner of site and to the east down old 15th Avenue.
Image 2 - View looking west toward Dacotah Bank Stadium; field turf installation is complete.
Image 3 - Koehler Hall of Fame Field – Subgrade field construction is shown.
Barnett Center Addition
- Wood accent walls are complete
- Specialty wood panel ceiling installation is complete.
- Restrooms on second level are almost complete - waiting on countertops.
- HVAC / plumbing / electrical equipment is being installed in mechanical rooms.
- Electrical and HVAC rough-in work is nearing completion.
- Ceiling "N" logos have been installed.
- Final trim-out of towel bars, toilet paper holders, etc. is complete.
- Locker room painting is 95 percent complete. The ceiling N logo will be applied next week.
- Locker installation is set for June 21.
- Bridge connecting the Barnett Center Addition and football stadium awaits traffic coating. Color has been selected and materials ordered.
- Carpeting and base install are not yet complete.
Dacotah Bank Stadium (football)
- Workers are installing perforated metal panels at the south stair tower.
- 4th Level premium suites have all floor and wall tile installed, floor carpet and base to remain.
- 3rd Level Loge – Interior restrooms and concessions have been painted and tiled.
- 3rd Level Loge – Metal panel ceilings will be installed upon arrival.
- Construction on the ticket booth structural steel and roof decking is completed, interior framing is completed, sheetrock is completed. Painting to follow.
- Goalposts and goalpost netting and columns have been installed and await final leveling and plumbing.
- Turf installation is complete.
- Exterior metal panel installation is complete.
- South stair tower perforated metal panel installation is 75 percent complete.
- Daktronics scoreboard metal cladding will be installed and video up and running next week.
- Ticket booth drywall hanging continues.
- Final aiming of light fixtures to be completed at a later date.
- North stair tower doors have yet to be installed.
- Site work continues on the visitors' side berm, retaining walls, and drain pipe.
- Steel structure for the softball press box and suite is erected, sheeted, and exterior metal panel installation is complete.
- EPDM roof at softball press/suite structure is installed, parapet cap and downspout is only item to remain for roofing.
- Softball concessions/restroom structure interior finishes remain
- Field subgrade drainage and field curb construction is nearing completion. Still have to finish installing sand layer and then crushed granite base. Turf install will begin around June 21.
Regional Sports Complex
- Site work, sidewalks, curb and gutter, parking lots and all other concrete flatwork has started and will continue through the end of the project. Contractors have started at the northwest corner of the site and will work their way south from the main entrance/ticket booth area toward 17th Avenue. This site work will all take place over the course of the next four months. Site concrete is being poured.