NSU Facilities Manager Monte Mehlhoff's regional sports complex construction update again includes photos.
Image1 - Installation of bridge connecting Barnett Center Addition with Football Stadium on March 23, 2021, is shown.
Image 2 - Chairback seats are shown at Koehler Hall of Fame Field.
Barnett Center Addition
• Painting is completed at second-level Barnett Center spaces.
• Tile and fixtures have been installed in the restrooms; bathroom partitions are on site.
• HVAC/plumbing/electrical equipment is being installed in mechanical rooms.
• Ceiling and A/V install has begun at second-level event space.
• Electrical and HVAC rough-in work is nearing completion on first floor.
• Drywall is hung on first level football locker rooms; mudding and taping is comlete and priming and painting have begun.
• Locker fabrication will begin in April and be installed June 12.
• KONE is on site, and plans to complete both Barnett Center elevators by the end of March. East (passenger) elevator is installed. West (service) elevator installation is wrapping up.
• Metal Lux wall panels have been installed at the east and west decks at the Barnett Center Addition.
• Bridge connecting the BC Addition and football stadium was installed on March 23. Rebar is being installed, and the concrete deck will be poured next week.
• Spray foam insulation on the interior side of all exterior walls is complete.
• Fifth level walls have been primed and painted.
• Acoustic ceiling tile grid system has been installed on fifth floor
• Electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire sprinkler rough-ins are complete on fourth level.
• Fourth-level premium chairback seats have been installed
• Fourth level suites and all commons spaces are drywalled/taped/mudded and priming/painting is wrapping up.
• Fourth level bar/lounge has all glazing installed at exterior curtain walls.
• Installation of interior casework for fourth level suites is finished.
• Fourth-level restroom floor and wall tile is being installed
• Solid-surface countertops for premium suites, bar/lounge and restrooms are being measured for fabrication
• Third level loge – Interior restrooms, concessions, and back of house areas are framed in and M.E.P. rough-in work is nearing completion. Drywall will follow.
• Third level loge – Ceiling framing at loge concourse is complete. Metal panel ceilings will be installed upon arrival in April.
• Third-level Wolves Club chairback seat installation has begin
• M.E.P. rough-in work continues on second-level bathrooms and concessions.
• Mason continues to lay block interior CMU walls at restrooms and concessions on second level concourse.
• Mason continues installation of CMU block walls on first level service areas, mechanical rooms, etc.
All drainage, subgrade construction, and field curb has been installed. Now we wait until spring for top layer fine grade and turf roll-out/install. Tentatively shooting for April 1 to begin site work pending weather/frost.
• Work continues on metal panel installation. East, north and south elevations are complete, and install crew is about 90 percent finished with metal panels on the west grandstand façade.
• Subframing is under way at the south stair tower. Perforated metal panels will arrive and be installed over the next few weeks.
• Upper EPDM roof system and metal parapet cap installation is complete.
• Second level concourse EPDM roof system and metal parapet cap installation is complete.
• Daktronics Scoreboard (50’ tall x 80’ wide) has been erected. Metal cladding will be wrapped around back side and columns between April 14 and 22.
• Construction on the ticket booth structural steel and roof decking is complete and interior wall framing has begun.
• Southern Bleacher has installed north additional seating alternate, and the south additional seating alternate will be installed at the end of March when materials arrive.
• The upper chairback seats (300 level) arrive and will begin installation next week
• The Dacotah Bank Stadium and Northern “N” signs were installed on the east grandstand façade.
• Football stadium Musco light poles and fixtures were erected, and stadium is installed. Final aiming of fixtures will be completed at a later date.
• Concrete contractors have finished the lower bowl seating pours, and have poured dugouts and dugouts roofs.
• NSU maroon chairback seats have been installed; aluminum bench seating is yet to be installed.
• All concrete field walls and bullpen areas have been poured and are complete.
• Steel structure for the softball press box and suite has been erected and moment connection testing has passed.
• Sheathing work is under way at the softball press box
• All underground M.E.P rough-ins are installed at softball concessions/Restroom and the concrete floor slab has been poured.
• Softball field subgrade drainage and field curb construction will take place in the spring.
• CMU block at the softball restroom and concessions structure will begin around April 12.