NSU Facilities Manager Monte Mehlhoff has issued a regional sports complex construction update.
Image 1 - West parking lot and drive lane alternate civil work has begun. Grading and underground utility installation is in progress.
Image 2 - View looking northwest towards Dakota Bank Stadium and the Barnett Center addition. Final field grading and conformance surveys are completed, and turf installation has commenced. Field goal posts and goalpost netting is in place.
Regional Sports Complex
Site work, sidewalks, curb and gutter, parking lot and other concrete flatwork has begun. Contractors have started at the northwest corner of the site and will work their way south from the main entrance/ticket booth area towards 17th Avenue. This work is expected to continue for about four months.
Barnett Center Addition
- Wood accent walls are nearing completion.
- Specialty wood panel ceiling installation at second level is about 90 percent completete.
- Restrooms on second level are almost complete - waiting on countertops.
- HVAC / plumbing / electrical equipment is being installed in mechanical rooms.
- Electrical and HVAC rough-in work is nearing completion on first floor.
- Final trim-out of towel bars, toilet paper holders, etc. is taking place in locker room restroom, shower and sink Locker room painting is 90 percent completeLocker fabrication has begun and should be complete by June 21.
- KONE has completed elevator installation at the Barnett Center addition.
- Bridge connecting the Barnett Center Addition and the Football Stadium awaits traffic coating. Coating samples and colors are being reviewed.
Dacotah Bank Stadium (football)
- Overhead door has been installed in fifth-level camera/media room
- 4th Level Restrooms wall and floor tile is installed and completed; bathroom partitions and fixtures remain
- 4th Level premium suites have all floor and wall tile installed, floor carpet and base to remain.
- Solid surface countertops at the premium suites, bar/lounge, and restrooms are being fabricated by Cambria.
- 3rd Level Loge – interior restrooms and concessions have all been sheetrocked, and mudded. Painting is nearing completion on this level.
- 3rd Level Loge – Metal panel ceilings will be installed upon arrival in April.
- 3rd Level Loge – Spray foam is completed above the ceiling framing at the Loge Concourse areas, and will be painted next week.
- 3rd Level “Wolves Club” Chairback seat installation is 90% complete.
- Turf installation has begun and should continue for about two weeks.
- Exterior metal panel installation is complete; only metal panel ceiling clouds remain.
- Sub framing is being installed at the South Stair Tower. Perforated metal panels will arrive and be installed over the next couple weeks.
- Scoreboard: metal cladding will be wrapped around back side and columns when it arrives. Speaker cabinet will be installed this weekend.
- Interior wall framing of ticket booth is complete and drywall hanging has begun.
- Final aiming of light fixtures to be completed at a later date.
- North stair tower doors have yet to be installed.
- Goalposts, netting and columns have been installed.
- Site work continues on the visitors' side berm, retaining walls, and drain pipe.
- Steel structure for the softball press box and suite is erected, sheeted, and exterior metal panel installation is about 75 percent complete.
- Windows and doors have been installed at the softball press box and suite.
- EPDM roof at softball press/suite structure is installed, parapet cap and downspout is only item to remain for roofing.
- Softball Field subgrade drainage and field curb construction has begun. Subgrade is being excavated down to organic soils and engineered fill will be brought back onsite in lifts to construct the softball field subgrade.
- Exterior walls' CMU block installation is complete. Roof joists, roof decking, and EPDM membrane will be installed next, then interior CMU walls will be set.