Help keep campus safe
Help keep Northern a safe campus by reporting suspicious activity:
- Submit the Incident Reporting Form, an anonymous online report
- Call or visit the Office of Student Affairs: 605-626-3007, Student Center Room 222
- Call or visit our Campus Safety Officer: 605-626-2474, Student Center Room 212
- In an emergency or crisis, call 9-911 from a campus phone or 911 from all other phones
Northern uses the Campus Alert system to inform the campus community during an emergency. Stay informed by registering your personal phone at Campus Alert.
Helpline Center (available 24/7)
If you need support services or want to talk with someone:
- Call 2-1-1
- Text your zip code to 898211
- Visit helplinecenter.org
2-1-1 is a free service to Northern students and South Dakota residents.
Annual Security Report
This report complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security and Policy and Crime Statistics Act.
In small towns, you get to know the police by name. Same at Northern. Campus security is provided by a member of the Aberdeen Police Department. The officer's role is to:
- Help make the campus a safe and welcoming environment
- Offer education on topics such as: steps to reduce crime, theft prevention, drug and alcohol issues, sexual assault prevention and awareness, and appropriate use of social media
- Help students keep a list of personal property on file in the campus security office in the event of loss or theft
- File police reports as needed and answer law enforcement and campus or community resource questions
Contact the Officer
Student Center 212
Cell Phone: 605-380-8925
Office Phone: 605-626-2474