McWelsh is slated to be home to a learning community designed for NSU education majors. Due to its location near the center of campus, many sophomore, junior and senior students choose to reside here.
Residence hall specifics:
- Four-story, co-ed hall that can house approximately 190 residents
- The building honors Grace McArthur, a Northern music instructor from 1928 to 1966, and Emeline Welsh, an English professor from 1931 to 1966.
- Main lobby on the first floor has two TVs, microwave, piano area, pool table, table tennis and vending machines. TVs are located in the other lounge/kitchen areas, which are centrally located on the other three floors.
- Rooms have individual desks with desk lights, shelves and dressers on each side of the room; spacious closets; and full-length mirrors.
- Independent heating controls for each room
- Wireless internet access is located throughout the hall, and individual rooms are wired for high-speed internet
McArthur-Welsh Standard Room Layout