campus Links and resources
NSU Continuity of Operations - Technology: Information on teaching, learning and working remotely
Top Five Steps to Securely Working From Home: An SSA fact sheet with tips for working securely from home
Residence Life Spring 2020 Checkout: Steps to take for checking out of the residence halls.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about NSU's response to COVID-19.
Zoom Background Images:
symptoms of covid-19
It’s important that if you feel unwell, stay home. It’s also important to know the symptoms of the COVID-19 virus:
- A fever over 100 degrees F
- Shortness of breath
If you’re experiencing these symptoms and think you may have COVID-19, please call your health care provider. (If it’s an emergency, call 911.) The South Dakota COVID-19 information line is 800-997-2880.
Northern has been in contact with local health care providers, the City of Aberdeen, the S.D. Board of Regents and Brown County Emergency Management regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. Our campus and community must remain vigilant during these times and Northern has assembled a team to prepare for and discuss all possibilities. Click here for a dashboard showing up-to-date cases of the COVID-19 virus.
Currently, the best thing individuals can do is take preventive measures. There are several sources that provide recommended practices, including the World Health Organization and S.D. Department of Health. Avera Health Student Health Services, located in Student Center 254 (down the hall from Admissions), has very limited supplies of alcohol-based hand gel for students.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze (with a tissue or into your sleeve).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Wash hands often with soap and water (or alcohol-based hand gel).
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (travelers' health)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- World Health Organization travel advice