Welcome to the NSU News Update - providing information on events happening on campus or involving NSU students, staff and faculty.
To submit a news item, send it via email to NSUNews@northern.edu by 5 p.m. Thursday of the week before the announcement should run.
- Current Self-Reported Case Count: Total active cases: 5 (2 students; 3 faculty/staff). Total quarantined or isolated: 9 (0 on campus; 9 off campus). (Numbers as of Dec. 2, 2020; please note: those in quarantine/isolation aren’t necessarily confirmed or symptomatic cases)
- Mask Level: NSU is at Level 3, which requires face coverings in all public indoor spaces on campus. Learn more about the SDBOR Face Covering Protocol here.
- Webpage Updates: Northern has updated its COVID-19 Webpage, now including various FAQs for students, faculty and staff.
- Requesting Supplies: To request COVID-19 supplies from NSU Facilities, please work with your supervisor to determine the proposed needs for your entire department and submit an order using this online form.
Return Rental Books by Dec. 16
Students: If you rented books from the NSU Wolf Shoppe this fall, please note that they must returned to the bookstore by Dec. 16, 2020. With the altered semester schedule, on-campus instruction is ending at Thanksgiving break, so we ask that you please make a plan now to ensure your rentals are returned on time. To return rentals, you may:
- Drop them off at the Wolf Shoppe 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Mail them to: NSU Wolf Shoppe, 1200 S. Jay St, Aberdeen, SD 57401. Be sure to choose a shipping method that will get them in the store by Dec. 16.
Any rentals not received by the Dec. 16 date will be billed to you.
NSU Online Bookstore Reminder
Dear students: As a reminder, ordering textbooks and course materials is now done completely online at the NSU Online Bookstore. Spring 2021 courses and the course materials assigned to them will be visible to students on Dec. 1. Once open, visit Northern.TextbookX.com and log in with your NSU organizational account to see your own personalized page with the courses that you registered for and the course materials that your professors have assigned for each. We encourage you to bookmark the website and log in when you are ready so that you can review your required and optional textbooks.
Northern Lights is now taking submissions for the 2021 issue of Northern Lights. Students can submit their stories, poetry, art, creative nonfiction, photography, original essays, short films and songs to email@example.com or message us on Facebook! Accepted submissions will be included in our Literary Magazine that is released in March 2021. Please submit all written works as a Word document (.docx) or a PDF (.pdf), and any artworks as a JPEG (.jpeg) or JPG (.jpg) file. Submissions are open until Dec. 31, 2020. If you have any questions, contact our president, Madi Filber, firstname.lastname@example.org, and she can answer any questions concerning how to submit or other questions.
Job Openings at NSU
Just a reminder that NSU posts all current job openings at the SDBOR website. Remember to check out the site for opportunities around campus!
Employee Assistance Plan
Benefits eligible staff: Please keep in mind that your benefits plans include free use of our Employee Assistance Plan. Every eligible staff member has five free visits available with a counselor. If you need assistance, please utilize this wonderful benefit, found at this link; the password is southdakota.
Stay up to date with NSU Wolves news on the athletics webpage.