Welcome to the NSU News Update - providing information on events happening on campus or involving NSU students, staff and faculty.
To submit a news item, send it via email to NSUNews@northern.edu by 5 p.m. Thursday of the week before the announcement should run.
As of May 10, the Northern campus is a mask-optional environment. Social distancing restrictions are also lifted, and the COVID-19 case numbers dashboard will no longer appear on the NSU website. For more information, visit the NSU COVID-19 Webpage.
Annual Enrollment Open ends May 17
Reminder: Please complete your benefits selection by 1 p.m. CST on May 17, 2021. Your benefit coverage elections will become effective July 1, 2021. You must participate in Open Enrollment, as your current elections will not rollover to the new plan year with the exception of Supplemental Life and Spouse/Dependent Life. The Benefits Guide and the ALEX tool will guide you in making the best choices for you and your family. All employees must do a one-time registration before enrolling in benefits - please allow 3-4 hours for this process to complete:
- Complete the one-time registration process here, using Google Chrome as your web browser.
- Select the Login/Register button in the bottom left.
- Enter your email address and select Sign up now from the bottom right.
- DO NOT enter a password.
- Enter your email address and then select Send verification code.
- Enter the verification code sent to your campus email address (or the email you provided) and select Verify code.
- Enter a password and the other information requested on the red lines and then select Create from the bottom right.
- Enter the last four digits of your SSN and Date of Birth and then select Submit.
- Select Sign out from the upper right.
- This completes your steps for the registration process, and the setup is in progress. Once the account setup has finished, you will receive an email from DoNotReply@state.sd.us. You must WAIT until you receive an email from DoNotReply@state.sd.us before you can enroll in benefits. Please allow 3-4 hours during regular business hours for this process to complete. The process takes longer outside of regular business hours.
- Once you receive the email that your account setup has finished, select Employee Space from the first bullet point, select Proceed to Employee Space, and select mySD. You will then need to enter your email address, password, and select Sign in to access open enrollment.
Registrar/Financial Aid Move
The NSU Financial Aid and Registrar’s offices have moved from Dacotah Hall 103 to the Jewett Science Center 209A through the end of September. Financial Aid can be reached at 605-626-2640 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Registrar’s Office can be reached at 605-626-2012 or email@example.com.
Employee Assistance Plan
Benefits eligible staff: Please keep in mind that your benefits plans include free use of our Employee Assistance Plan. Every eligible staff member has five free visits available with a counselor. If you need assistance, please utilize this wonderful benefit, found at this link; the password is southdakota.
Name Tag Orders
NSU Communications and Marketing orders name tags for employees once a month. To request a name tag for the next campus-wide order, fill out this online form.
Stay up to date with NSU Wolves news on the athletics webpage.