The BFA in digital media degree program prepares you to excel in highly technical areas of art and design, including:
- Commercial photography
- Video production and editing
- Web design and programming
- 2D animation
- Graphic design
- Product/packaging design
It's the perfect gateway to attending graduate school for a master of fine arts degree (MFA) or doctorate in art education degree.
A BFA in digital media offers a rich selection of upper-level courses to enhance your academic experience and professional potential. In this program, you'll engage intensely with your art and design practice while being immersed in technological advancements and art history. In your final year, you'll take your first steps into the industry through career planning in the senior capstone course; upper-level media courses; and optional internship opportunities. The capstone course requires a portfolio, thesis, public exhibition, and career mentoring.
The program offers three areas of emphasis:
1. Interactive media such as animation, video, and web
2. Graphic design and static media such as corporate identity, digital imaging, digital illustration, and photography
3. New Media, the intersection of traditional studio arts and digital media
With a solid foundation gained early in the program followed by challenging classes with a focus on your individual interests, you'll have plenty of time and opportunity to grow your design practice before entering the workforce.