1098-T Educational Tax Credit Information
Northern is pleased to announce that your 1098-T federal tax tuition statement is available online at https://heartland.ecsi.net/. You have the option to access your 1098-T electronically and opt out of paper delivery of the tax document.If you do not provide consent to receive your 1098-T electronically, a paper copy of your 1098-T will be mailed to your permanent address on Jan. 31.
What are the benefits of receiving your 1098-T electronically?
- Online delivery provides access to the form earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- It eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once you receive it.
- It is easy and secure, and you can withdraw from online delivery at any time.
- You can retrieve your 1098-T even while you are away from home.
- Parents/guardians can also retrieve a copy of the 1098-T.
- Go green and save the environment.
Form 1098-T will be sent to students who were enrolled at NSU for at least one academic period during the calendar year. Receipt of Form 1098-T indicates that a student or students parent may be eligible for a tax deduction for qualifying higher education expenses.
For more information regarding 1098-T statements, please see the South Dakota Board of Regents 1098-T site for an explanation of transactions and qualified amounts.
If you DID NOT receive your 1098-T in the mail, please call ECSI at 1-866-428-1098 or login at ECSI. ECSI will provide students with login information so they can view and print a copy of the 1098-T statement.
Northern State University does not give personal tax advice. Parents and students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the tax benefits and consult, if necessary, with their personal financial advisors or the Internal Revenue Service for assistance in determining their eligibility for the education credits.
S.D. Board of Regents
Go to https://heartland.ecsi.net/