Go Maroon and Gold During Homecoming Week!
Northern State University Homecoming Week and Gypsy Day Parade are the highlight of the year in Aberdeen, South Dakota, as the king and queen are crowned, and the Northern campus and community display their pride in the NSU Wolves. The week includes a variety of Wolves games and other events and culminates in the annual Gypsy Day Parade—the largest parade in South Dakota.
We look forward to hosting our students, alumni, families and the community for homecoming. Go Wolves!
Gypsy Day Parade
Saturday, Oct. 7 | Starts at 9 a.m.
Homecoming Week Celebration
Sunday, Oct. 1 - Saturday, Oct. 7
Wolves Go to Vegas
Thursday, Oct. 5
- NSU Foundation Annual Meeting and Community Social, 4 p.m., Kessler's Champions Room, Barnett Center
- Homecoming Royalty Coronation, 6-7 p.m., Krikac Auditorium
- Bonfire in Barnett Center parking lot immediately following coronation
Friday, Oct. 6
- 50-Year Club Brunch, 10 a.m., Avera Student Center Centennial Rooms
- Hall of Fame and Distinguished Alumni Banquet, 5 p.m., Kessler's Champions Room, Barnett Center
Saturday, Oct. 7
- Steps for Shep 5K, 7-7:30 a.m. registration, 8 a.m. race/walk begins at the Barnett Center
- Parade, 9 a.m., Main Street Aberdeen
- NSU Softball Home Run Derby, 10 a.m., Koehler Hall of Fame Field
- Alumni Association Tailgate, noon, Dacotah Bank Stadium parking lot
- Wolves football vs. Minot State, kickoff at 2:30 p.m., Dacotah Bank Stadium
Many more events are planned this week for Northern students! Students can find the schedule in email and on myNSU.
Gypsy Day Parade Lineup
Lineup for the 2023 Gypsy Day Parade set for Saturday, Oct. 7
Northern State University alumni events will take place throughout homecoming week.
Check out photos from past years. We look forward to capturing more memorable moments this year!
Gypsy Day Parade Float Registration
Float registration closed on Friday, Sept. 1, 2023. See you at the parade!
Gypsy Day Parade Band Registration
Band Registration is closed