- Institutions make an annual disclosure that informs students that the illegal distribution of copyrighted materials may subject them to criminal and civil penalties and describes the steps that institutions will take to detect and punish illegal distribution of copyrighted materials.
- Institutions certify to the secretary of education that they have developed plans to "effectively combat" the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material.
- Institutions, "to the extent practicable", offer alternatives to illegal file sharing.
- Institutions identify procedures for periodically reviewing the effectiveness of the plans to combat the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials.
This site outlines NSU's plan to comply with these requirements.
- NSU Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Policy
- Annual Disclosure Letter
- Compliance Plan
- Legal Alternatives (Source: Educause)
- Disabling P2P Programs