Rights and responsibilities
Rising Scholars students have all rights and responsibilities of NSU students. For more information, see the NSU Catalog and NSU Student Handbook. For student information, see the Rising Scholars Student Handbook.
For direct access to detailed information, see the topic links below:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Grievance Policy (page 26)
- Academic Load (course load)
- Academic Misconduct Policy (page 22)
- Academic Resources
- Academic Support (Student Success Center)
- Consequences of Plagiarism and Academic Dishonesty
- Grading Standards
- ID Cards (email the Finance Office for instructions or stop by Krikac 202A)
- Library Access
- Library Website
- Non-Academic Complaint Policy
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Individual high schools participating in the NSU Rising Scholars program are responsible for providing accessibility services required by students enrolled in Rising Scholars Courses. Students will need to follow their high school's accessibility services policy.
Cost and Payment
Students are responsible for paying tuition for Rising Scholar courses. Rising Scholars students pay $40 per credit hour ($120 for a 3-credit course and $160 for a 4-credit course). Tuition payments are due no later than published fall/spring census dates. All students should access their bill via their Banner account.
HOW TO PAY
- Click on “myNSU” at the top of the Northern homepage or use this direct link: myNSU and Self-Service Banner
- Click on “Student Information” under Self-Service Banner
- Log in with your university email credentials
- Go to My Student Account Information and click on the link to SDepay/View Account/Pay Here underneath. There is a 2.75 percent surcharge for using credit or debit cards.
Other ways to pay
- Pay by eCheck (if using a routing number and account number for a checking account), or
- Pay with cash or check at the Finance Office, Krikac 202A, 605-626-2566, or
- Mail checks to the Finance Office:
No fee is assessed. Include the student’s name, school and ID number (if you have it) with any cash or check payment.
Students/high schools are responsible for textbook and lab costs.
Rising Scholars Program Evaluation
Participating students may provide feedback on the Rising Scholars courses and program. Student feedback is crucial to help ensure the program meets participating students' educational needs. When you receive the notification to participate in the evaluations below, please respond.
A student evaluation is completed for every course. The course evaluations are administered by participating high school administrators.