Designed for classroom teachers wishing to enhance their pedagogical skills and assume school leadership roles, the NSU master's in teaching and learning is offered entirely online.
Format: Online or On Campus
Our online master's in teaching and learning program addresses teachers’ roles as mentors, curriculum specialists, instructional coaches and catalysts for change.
Courses focus on:
- Learner development
- Research-based curriculum and instruction
- Strategies for meeting the needs of diverse learners, and
- Teaching and learning with digital technology
Students must pass written and oral examinations before graduating.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduate students will recognize the individual differences that distinguish their students from each other and account for these differences in their practice.
- Graduate students will use diverse instructional strategies to teach for understanding.
- Graduate students will know how to engage students to ensure a disciplined learning environment, and how to organize instruction to meet instructional goals.
- Graduate students will use multiple methods for measuring student growth and understanding, and they can clearly explain student performance to parents.
- Graduate students will critically examine their practice on a regular basis to deepen knowledge, expand their repertoire of skills, and incorporate new findings into their practice.
- Graduate students will work with other professionals on instructional policy, curriculum development and staff development.
- Graduate students will actively seek and build partnerships with community groups, families, and businesses to engage them productively in the work of the school.