Every year we welcome more than 100 exchange and visiting students from all over the world. Studying abroad at Northern is a great way for you to develop leadership skills, self-confidence, and lifelong friendships.
Apply to learn with us for a single semester, or an academic year!
How to Apply
- You must be enrolled in a partner university and be nominated by a study abroad advisor. Please contact your university’s advisor for more information.
- Once you are nominated, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the application process.
- Within three weeks of applying, you will receive an acceptance letter and I-20 immigration document.
- When you receive these documents, schedule an F-1 Student Visa appointment at the nearest U.S. consulate.
- Completed exchange application form
- Current university transcript
- English language proficiency score*
- Declaration of finances
- Immunization records
*IELTS 5.5, TOEFL IBT 61 or recommendation from your home university. You may be required to take an English placement exam after you arrive on campus.
Nomination deadline: April 15
Application deadline: May 1
Nomination deadline: Oct. 15
Application deadline: Nov. 1
For information or assistance, please email Lisa Kanizar.