Welcome to Northern State University where every moment, conversation and experience expands your understanding of the world.
Read about Northern in your language!
Every year we welcome more than 100 exchange and visiting students from all over the world. Studying abroad at Northern is a great way for you to develop leadership skills, self-confidence, and lifelong friendships.
Apply to learn with us for a single semester, or an academic year!
How to Apply
- You must be enrolled in a partner university and be nominated by a study abroad advisor. Please contact your university’s advisor for more information.
- Once you are nominated, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the application process.
- Within three weeks of applying, you will receive an acceptance letter and I-20 immigration document.
- When you receive these documents, schedule an F-1 Student Visa appointment at the nearest U.S. consulate.
- Completed exchange application form
- Current university transcript
- English language proficiency score*
- Declaration of finances
- Immunization records
*IELTS 5.5, TOEFL IBT 61 or recommendation from your home university. You may be required to take an English placement exam after you arrive on campus.
Nomination deadline: April 15
Application deadline: May 1
Nomination deadline: Oct. 15
Application deadline: Nov. 1
For information or assistance, please email Becky Nelson.